VIRTUAL REALITY

Virtual reality is more getting popular in the modern world today.It's especially popular among kids at the age of 8 to 15 and they express interest in it.We as a teacher are always trying to find new ways to excite students,so teachers can do that thanks to VR.Setting up VR in the classroom is not difficult as you think.All you need is a smartphone with VR app and any viewer headset which can be cardboard viewer like the Google Cardboard.We have experienced in the classroom by uploading some vr apps as you see in the pictures.




According to my experience, I downloaded Roller Coaster Application and I felt motion-sickness. If this problem enhances and solves,it will be better.Fortunately,Some companies have started to some studies to solve  this problem .Then , I downloaded Space Program,I walked on the moon.It was not bad, however it must be improved. Finally, we downloaded horror application and we were affected by it . Tuncer Teacher gave an advice for teachers in the lesson and I want to share it . There are some apps that consist of rooms,apartments and houses. So , using VR in teaching  teachers can teach prepositions by using table or other objects on the app . Vr provides to make a memory in our minds as if we experience in real life.That's why  students experience as if it is real . So it will be more memorable.I think that VR revive entertainment within the classroom and icrease students' motivation,so I will use Vr in my class in the future.For example,I can teach animals by using apps related with Zoo.To illustrate, students see animals in the zoo  with wearing of VR headset after they learn the meaning of the words,so it can help to easily remember the words.I believe that VR is benefical and innovative for education .Teachers can take advantage of Virtual Reality.

Comments

  1. That was a good experience :) Happy to had it with you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts